How Citadel works
Citadel offers secure, real time, accurate, cloud-based clocking, 24/7, 365 days a year.
- The step-by-step set-up wizard makes getting started really quick and easy.
- You can add employee profile information like address details and payroll ID.
- Choose from weekly, bi-weekly and monthly pay periods.
- Keep on top of staff hours allocated to different jobs / departments with cost centre tracking.
- Create your own multiple and complex overtime rules.
- Set up multiple breaks paid or unpaid.
- Add pay and other rules to individual departments.
- Store and forward – staff can clock in offline mode on remote sites or if a network connection is lost.
- Easy timecard management. Download data as a .CSV file for your payroll software or bureau.
- Dedicated UK-based helpdesk.
How the smartphone clocking in app for iPhones works
Smartphone clocking is managed in your Citadel online account, each employee you want to smartphone clock needs this option pre-set in your Citadel account before they can download and use the app to clock.
Staff clock using these simple steps:
- Download the app to their smartphone.
- Once the application has downloaded they enter your site name URL which will look like: yourcompanyname.mycitadeltime.co.uk (there is a quick find option in the app).
- Press Next to continue.
- The app will prompt the employee to enter their PIN number, and then press Next again to access the clock dashboard.
- Once signed-in, they’ll then be able to clock in and out using the app on their phone.
NB: The app can record the location they clocked in from using geolocation, it doesn’t however track them through the day, their position is only recorded when they clock in or out and for breaks.
The clocking data is sent in real time to your cloud account where you can see who’s in and view and manage timecards. There is an option for offline clockings which are stored on the phone and uploaded to your cloud account when the employee’s phone reconnects to the internet.
For example, if you have 25 employees, you only pay £62.50 (ex VAT) per month. Smartphone and web clocking are free so you just pay monthly for the employees on the system.
If you have 100+ employees contact us for pricing.
Get going with Citadel
- Choose how you want staff to clock (OB3000 clocking terminal, web and smartphone).
- Buy your clocking terminal(s). Order before 11:00AM and they will normally be with you next working day (Mon-Fri) via UPS.
- Sign-up for your online account.
- There are easy set-up wizards to get you up and running online
- Take advantage of your free 30 minute set-up session with one of the helpdesk team – we’ll call you to arrange a date and time.
If you’d like to find out more about the benefits of biometric clocking, how cloud-based clocking in software works or managing remote workers using phone clocking, visit our FAQ section.